Saturday, July 14, 2012

Deciding to Stop Quitting

My family had a wonderful time on our Disney Vacation. I made lots of Pinterest inspired crafts and outfits to make the trip extra Princess-y. Maybe I will blog about a couple of them.



I used that as an excuse for not blogging.  In truth, I do get obsessed with whatever I am focused on at the time.





Therein lies the problem. When I first started blogging this January, I got sucked right in. Every day I was reading blogs, writing my own blog, planning blogs, doing projects for my blog, shopping for future blogs, posting on Facebook about my latest blog... well, you get the idea. It is easy to see why blog became a cuss word around my house pretty quickly.

via Pinterest


Maybe it is because I am a Capricorn or an overachiever or a total mixed bag of nuts, but I have never been good at balance.  My house was a wreck (except for the part I needed to photograph). My girlies were eating a lot of Ramen noodles for dinner. My laundry baskets were stacked to the bajesus! My Hunky Husband was super supportive, but silently hating this whole thing. My parents came to visit from another time zone and I had them babysit while I made a pillow. NOT COOL.  So, I let the pendulum swing all the way to never blogging.

While I was gone, my little site got 10,000 views. Happy Dance Time!  In blog world that isn't really amazing (Thrifty Decor Chic does 40 gazillion a day).  For a new baby blogger that is a big deal and I'm sad because I missed it -- there was no happy dance.  However, I don't want to miss all the girlie, friend, husband & family happy dance moments because I'm too busy checking my blogger stats.

So now, I take the next turn in the road -- to blog with balance. At least enough balance that it works for my family. We are all a little weirdo around here.

finding my new normal,
just bec

2 comments:

  1. I had to learn that lesson too. Now, I mostly do what I want, when I want and if I feel like linking it up to a party, then you know it's been a good day! I realized that I do more commenting on other peoples stuff and I get much enjoyment out of that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the long, hot, Florida Summer had finally gotten to me. Thanks for joining my cheering squad.

      Delete